We championed our Cadets
Our role is to promote the Cadet Experience and support recruitment of Cadets and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers.
In Greater London we have:
- Over 12,000 Cadets, including Sea, Air, Army and Combined Cadet Forces
- Over 1,600 Uniformed CFAVs
- Over 150 Non-uniformed CFAVs
We promoted the role of Reservists
Our role is to support the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force’s Reservists and to promote the value of the Reservist role to society.
- Facilitated virtual Reserves’ Day event for City Reservists from the RN, Army, RAF, and the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry to join the Lord Mayor in conversation
- When 7 Rifles and 5RRF Reservists mobilised on UN Peacekeeping mission in Cyprus
- When Reservists from across the region stood ready to support the Covid-19 response
We secured the support of employers
Our role is to encourage employers to support our Reservists, Veterans and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers through the Armed Forces Covenant and the Employer Recognition Scheme.
- Over 150 of Armed Forces Covenant signings by London based employers
- Eight Gold Employer Recognition Scheme Awards
- 38 Silver Employer Recognition Scheme Awards
- Engaged with 12 Reserve units with mobilisation enquiry support
We provided safe and well-managed places to work and train
Our role is to achieve functional, compliant and efficient training facilities across 178 sites in appropriate locations, maintained to the highest standard and evidencing best practice and excellent value or money.
- 238,200 sqm total size of the GL RFCA volunteer and Cadet built estate
- 6981 Total number of Statutory and Mandatory Inspections and Tests tasks to be carried out in Financial Year 20/21
- Completion of major project RAF Kenley Aerodrome as featured in London Bridge 2020
We won the hearts and minds of communities
Our role is to encourage support for Reserves, Cadets and the wider military community through our enduring relationships within local communities.
- Various national press coverage of the first COVID NHS Nightingale hospital in London’s ExCeL centre that specifically focused on the support from the Reserve Forces
- Victory in Europe 75th anniversary social media campaign dedicated to raising awareness of Armed Forces Charities
- Held virtual SSAFA Big Brew event in Armed Forces Week raising vital funds for the charity